July 6th, 2020 - Transactions on own shares
Verona, July 6th, 2020. No transactions on own shares have been concluded by the Company in the period between June 29th and July 3rd, 2020 within the limits granted by the Shareholders’ Meeting of June 27th, 2020.
After the transactions on own shares carried out until now, Cattolica Assicurazioni holds a total of 7,324,851 own shares equal to approximately 4.20% of its share capital.
The Annual General Meeting, with the majority specified by law and by the Articles of Association, and precisely with a percentage of approximately 74% of those entitled to vote, on a one-person, one-vote basis, approved the treasury share purchase and disposal plan pursuant to the law. The proposed authorisation relates to the purchase, on one or more occasions, of treasury shares up to the maximum number permitted under the applicable legislative provisions, and therefore up to 20% of the current share capital of the company, for a period of 18 months from the date of the AGM resolution. The share purchase price may not be more than 20% less, in either the minimum or the maximum amount, than the official price of the Cattolica shares registered by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. in the trading session preceding each individual transaction. Purchases and sales – the latter where made on the market – may not exceed 25% of the average daily volume of shares traded at Borsa Italiana S.p.A., this volume being calculated on the basis of the average daily trading volume in the 20 trading days preceding the date of each individual purchase. Purchases must be made in compliance with the applicable legislative provisions, and particularly the methods set forth in Article 144-bis, paragraph 1, letter b) of the Regulation for Issuers.
Purchases and disposals of treasury shares are completed for the following purposes:
- in order to arrange in advance a package of shares for various types of transactions, including:
- extraordinary transactions to establish partnerships or collaborations with other industrial or financial operators, always within the scope of the company's ordinary business;
- compensation plans based on financial instruments;
- the allotment of shares to shareholders in the form of a dividend;
- from an investment standpoint, to take advantage of market opportunities and provide liquidity for the stock when needed;
- to facilitate, where necessary, in extraordinary circumstances when stock liquidity is low, the prompt restructuring of the company's ownership without the risk of destabilising it and of sudden market movements that might make it hard to achieve a balance between demand and supply of the stock.
It should be noted that the request for authorisation to purchase treasury shares is not geared towards reducing the Company's share capital by cancelling the treasury shares purchased.
The purchase and sale of treasury shares will therefore continue with the methods adopted to date, taking the new resolution into account.