Equal Opportunities Commission
Even before the issues of diversity and inclusion were put under spotlight as an important ESG aspect, gender equity found space at Cattolica through the establishment of the Group’s Equal Opportunities Commission. It is a body with equal membership, made up of representatives of trade unions and the company.
The Commission also met regularly in 2020, addressing issues of significant social value:
- design and implementation of positive actions to create and foster conditions of real equality between female and male workers within the company;
- implementing interventions and initiatives aiming at eliminating all forms of direct and indirect discrimination that hinder the full realisation of the equal opportunities principles in the working activities;
- proposition of formulas to balance professional life with private life, in order to favour a different organisation of work, the balance between work and family and professional responsibilities and a better division of these responsibilities between men and women;
- promotion of equal treatment in the workplace, also thanks to the preparation of joint affirmative action programmes for the benefit of women’s work and for the elimination of differences and discrimination under the Lisbon Treaty, as well as for gender, age and skill levels;
- verifying that equal training and professional growth opportunities are guaranteed to all staff without distinction as to sex, race, language, religion, political opinions, individual and social conditions.
Group Workforce by classification and gender as at 31 December
Group Workforce by classification and age as at 31 December
"Protected category" employees as at 31 December